Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day Dream



Closer than the horizon she stands.
The winds break, the clouds part for her.
Her silhouette ensconced in the dim fading light.
The world stands silent with her at its border.

Standing somewhere just out of reach.
Not mean, not quite invisible.
As though a veil of transparency be upon her.
Or an unknown field not yet permeable.

My hands reaching out to clasp her own.
Distance separates us, so do a million other forces.
I cannot comprehend the task at hand properly.
Nor can I understand the bizarre force connecting us.

Bringing me to her, setting my mind free.
Allowing the ink to flow without relinquishing effort.
Holding the pen and loose paper steady with a smile.
I dream on merrily, even death may not break us apart.

8 comments:

Zave said...

Hey, nice verse.
Good to see you back.
And yes,
Just wanted to tell you, there are two awards, waiting for you to claim.
Visit your awards
Keep blogging.

Er. said...

Hey, that was a nice read!

D2 said...

@Zave: Thanks man.
And just for the record, I hadn't gone anywhere! I was just "lurking in the dark", if you know what i mean!
hehe
:D

D2 said...

@The Virgin Author:
Thanks mate.
I like your blog as well. Following it!
Cheers.

Aayushi Mehta said...

This was lovely, quite dream like too, loved the first stanza! Wishing you the best in life, always.

D2 said...

@Aayushi :
Thank you so much.
The first stanza is my favourite as well. I had actually written it weeks before I wrote the rest!

All the best to you too.
:)

Miss D said...

Well "painted"... I'd say.
Enchanting.

D2 said...

Thanks, Dimi. :-D
The "painting" has been picked off surreptitiously!

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts.
Please do tell me yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails