Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Silent Wait For Change




Waiting Series (part of it) by Clara Lieu



I sense a change of things to come.
Heavens shall fall and
Hell shall rise clearer.

The tides of time will stop still.
The clocks shall move faster.
The sands would stay stuck in a chamber.

People shall stop moving.
Yet the pace of life will increase.
Nothing shall stop, yet nothing will be perceived.

Hearts would cease to beat.
Hearts would remain motionless.
Hearts shall beat faster yet not at all.

The contradictory emotions shall strike each other.
The change of life is upon us, upon me.
I am waiting for good or for ill.

I will not try to bend time this once.
I will try not shape my destiny.
In the hands of fate, I am waiting for my time to come.


"The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it."
- Marcus Aurelius Anoninus

5 comments:

Sayak Shome said...

When changes come,
Silence prevails.
But silence screams so loud-

Mortals bend to rest on the soil,
Cover their ears.
And find solace in their agony.


Great Poem!
The Pictures are very expressive as well.

D2 said...

@Sayak :
Lovely verses to describe my own, mate.
Change is a period of discord within oneself, yet it is also the time that might be comforting.
Thanks, mate.

D2 said...

@Indli:
Thanks, mate.

Miss D said...

And you say you aren't profound enough!
Haah!

D2 said...

@Enchanta : Twas a different era. Almost!
:P

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts.
Please do tell me yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails