Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Fall



Edward Munch, Eye in Eye, 1894

The vision was of the ever-twinkling north star.
Bright as the flash of a bolt of lightning.
Next to the moon, the star remains in peace.
Twinkling cheerily, radiant as the angel that it is.

Gravity is now working hard and strong on me.
Falling deep deep into a bottomless pit.
What awaits me down below cannot be daggers.
But lasting flowers and the sweet poison they deliver.

The faint smell of her hair and an outreaching hand.
Impale my heart, soften it to its very core.
Protection shall be given whenever needed, or not.
An arm to hold in the chill, a shoulder to hide from the cold.

Staring into her enchanting, mesmerising eyes.
Falling down into a chasm full of blinding light.
A fall has never been better, never felt so perfect.
I am falling deep into the music of lost souls into the night.

The beautiful seed, the name given to the one hope is pinned on.
I believe she is, moving towards her every waking and sleeping instant.
Falling through the lines of human emotions, with a singular thought.
The fall quick yet slow, perfect; the emotion inviolable, reciprocity sought.

A twinkle in her eye, a shyness in her demeanour.
A jingle in her feet, the sweetest smile, leaving me disarmed.
Fallen into the well of the most powerful emotion to offer.
At the epitome of perfection, these moments and the next, to never be stifled.




Awarded by Jingle Poetry at Promising Poets' Rally 42 in April.

22 comments:

Miss D said...

I possibly could not have read anything better than this...
Almost the best thing that has happened to me unless you surpass it yet again...

*TOUCHED*

:-)

D2 said...

I'm extremely glad you liked it so much, Dimi. :-)

Miss D said...

could not help but notice dat d girl in d portrait luks like d "ghostly me" .

LOL. :P

D2 said...

:D
And the painting does resemble us, in an eerie way, doesn't it?

Zave said...

Boy-o-boy!
This is the most Awesomest (even if the word doesn't exist) poem I've ever read.
Its just so Awesome, I can't believe someone could write something as beautiful as this.
But then you have a help, right?
;)

D2 said...

@Zave : Thanks so much, bro. :)
Yes, as you already know, I had a lot of inspiration behind this one. As you also know, there is a phrase (from another poem) and a relationship analogy (by word of speech). This is a poem from my heart and I won't forget the build-up to it.
:-)

Sayak Shome said...

You fall,
into the pit,
a never ending one.
The pit is but her eye;
you get drenched,
in the colour.

And you know that,
you love that colour,
you live that colour,
you'll never leave the pit.

You love the colour-
of her eyes.

D2 said...

Her eyes.
Her scent.
Her hair flowing in the wind.
Bringing me in.
As I am enchanted.
With the dark warmth of her eyes.

Thanks for the beautiful words, Sayak. :)

Dr. Pratibha Singh said...

wonderful poem wrapped in beautiful imagination expressed with chosen words.awesome!

D2 said...

@Pratibha : Thanks a lot. :)

Jingle said...

sparkling imagery, welcome and have fun.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

sweet prose!
Enjoy the rally!
http://www.lynnaima.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words, extremely touching... Simply perfection! ;)

D2 said...

@Lynaima : Thanks a lot. You too.

@magdalenaherman : Thanks a lot. :)

mypastmademe said...

Absolutely stunning. I cannot imagine what your muse might feel, having words like this written! Two lines which took my breath away: 'Impale my heart, soften it to its very core' and 'The beautiful seed, the name given to the one hope is pinned on.' *sigh* Simply stunning. Brilliant :)

D2 said...

@mypastmademe : Thank you so much. As for what she felt, her comments are right at the top! :D
Thank you so very much for visiting. :)

Vinay Leo R. said...

hehe! :D this felt like a dedication from D2 to another D2. some fantastic and passionate images here! its not my favorite poem of yours, but its most certainly up there :D

Rally Week 41 - My Poetry

D2 said...

@Vinay : It most certainly is what you said it is. :D
Amongst those that I've written, it's my personal favourite. :)
I'm glad you liked it. :D

Anonymous said...

:)

Not surprising. Not at all.

However, one must give you your well deserved laurel of appreciation for the image you have described is a feast for the mind's eye, very perfectly brought out.

D2 said...

@Anonymous : Many thanks to you for your appreciation. :)

Miss D said...

I'm reading this after almost one and a half years. And my reaction remains the same... a shy smile and a warm glow in my heart.

And now that you have fallen, stay in that pit, mister. Forever. No matter how much myth-like that may sound. :-)

D2 said...

@Enchanta : I'll stay in the pit as long as this poem doesn't fail to move you every time you read it. :D

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts.
Please do tell me yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails