Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Gift

On this New Year's day, I am posting my 100th post. I complete a century of blog posts with the best thing that happened to me in the year 2010. It's all about her. And I wish everyone a very happy and prosperous new year.

One by Jane Van Werff


You came into my life not too early, not too late.
Your time just perfect, not Utopian, not regrettable.
And ever since then the chains have lifted.
The traces of shackles disappeared, became lost in fables.

Your love is what I had always yearned for, never certain
Of what it was, what it could be like, before I saw.
Always encouraging, always inspiring, always just and true.
For this love, I could do anything, travel anywhere, fight any war.

The smile I see when I look into your enchanting eyes.
The way you laugh when I jest to please your mighty heart.
Your staying for just a minute longer before I go away.
Your running back to embrace me before you rush to your gates with a start.

The drives through the freezing cold chill of December.
With you behind me, holding on and your eyes closed.
And every time I see them, those beautiful bright eyes shining.
I can only feel tranquil love as I stare into them in adoration, frozen.

Every moment we have spent together, and every one that we yet will.
These priceless times I had sought since the day of which I knew not.
With you in my life, in my heart, wholly yours.
I can never be in melancholic solitude, with the serene smile on my face you always brought.

This love of yours I shall always keep alive in me, dancing with all its vigour.
For I shall always love you, for you and your love are precious.
Eternity may shed his cloak, exasperated as he gets old and feeble.
But I shall continue loving you, for this love is a gift I shall always cherish.



29 comments:

Aayushi Mehta said...

Wow. The love shines through in every line. A love like this is indeed a gift. And vivid imagery you've created with your poem.

The first stanza, especially the second line, is my favourite.

Wishing you the very best this new year. Keep posting. You'll be crossing many more milestones soon with this blog :)

Someone is Special said...

Aww.. Lovely lines, wonderfully penned.. Happy New Year and I invite you to Room for Romance

--Someone is Special--

Titash said...

kudos centurion :)

Am not a poetry person, but you make me read your verses. I like your lucid understanding of complicated human emotions.

Anonymous said...

It is a good poem,but it seems that this is hardly the kind of love that will last.I see too many chemicals.

Deepika said...

something uncertain, maybe some fear...perfection of love in un-define-ability...
great!

Khushboo R. Gandhi said...

nice and heartfelt poem, expressed really well. If it lasts o not, but njoy it while it's still present :D.

Anonymous said...

all this makes pretty reading
hope it makes you better people too
that would be the icing on the cake:)

Sayak Shome said...

The warm blood,
pumped by your heart,
cannot keep you from safe,
from the chill, the frost bite.
But you will rise to new heights,
you will stay safe, protected-
because, you have love that'll embrace you tight,
keep you warm, for this winter,
and for all winters to come.

And o' yes, congratulations, for the century and all other reasons for which you ought to be congratulated!

Miss D said...

Breathless.
Timeless.

You leave me fastened to this very minute as tears of something profoundly indefinable flood my heart.

"I love you" seems like nothing but a stupid understatement as I read these lines and gape at them in some loud silence.

If this is an epic, "WE" shall have a sequel and many of them.

Miss D said...

@ Anonymous : "Chemicals" is indeed a very interesting way to term dark tunnels, that however, ultimately lead to light.

Also, confident is what we are, not over confident to taint something THIS surreal.

You do seem to be an expert in love. A little show of identity would help us amateurs to take some lessons from you.

D2 said...

@Aayushi : Thank you so much. That means a lot. :)

@SIS : Thanks a lot. Will surely visit the Room For Romance again. I did write for it once!

@Titash : Thanks and it's good to have a reader in you, even though you're not a poetry person!
:D

D2 said...

@Anonymous : Thank you. Firstly, no offense but it really isn't your place to comment on whether it would last or not. This is merely a poem. And secondly, read Enchanta's comment above.

D2 said...

@Deepika : Thank you so much. Really glad to to have a new reader in you as well. :)

@Devilzangel : Thanks and well said. :D

@Lioness : Very true. There can be nothing better than a mere emotion that affects people to become better.

D2 said...

@Sayak :
And the warmth will keep me safe.
It will give me haven when
The beasts in the widerness
Come for me and the cold lashes out.

Thanks a lot buddy. :)

D2 said...

@Enchanta : Nah. Hopefully, it'll be a series. A long and interesting one. :-)
I love you.

Purba said...

Hope she's as enchanted as you are :)

D2 said...

@Purba Di : More on that on her own blog! :D

Zaina Anwar said...

I'd been wondering where you'd been. Thanks for dropping by. Keep up the good work :)

Zaina Anwar said...

I'd been wondering where you'd been. Thanks for dropping by. Keep up the good work :)

D2 said...

@Zaina : Thank you. Do keep visiting this space as well.

Anonymous said...

Awesome will keep reading :)

Uma Anandane said...

Wonderful love post with beautiful words ..nice

D2 said...

@Spunkysaturnine : Thanks a lot. Please do. :)

@uma : Thank you.

Miss D said...

...For you...

D2 said...

@Enchanta : And I more than loved it. :-)

Jania Vanderwerff said...

Thank you for the beautiful musing about my work.
I have thought several times if I am offering the viewer a place for their spirit to go.
Thank you.

Wishing you much success!

Jania Vanderwerff
(Jane Van Werff)

D2 said...

@Jania Vanderwerff : It's amazing to have you here and comment on this post.
I have a thing for paintings and yours touched me. I could find nothing more suitable to complement what I had written. It's a beautiful work of art.
I would love to know what it's called so I could enter that in the caption!
I look forward to using more of your paintings both as models for inspiration as well as complementary works of art.
It's inspiring to have you comment here. Thank you so very much.

Jania Vanderwerff said...

Humbly grateful for the impact of Artist to Artist,
I appreciate the artistry of your text.
Including my painting, "One"
in response to the truth of your expression for the woman you love… is a high honor.

Thank you again
and
Success to you and yours…

Jania

D2 said...

@Jania :

Again, thank you so very much, Jania; for the painting and now its name, and for being here.
I shall certainly look forward to more.
Thank you again. All the very best to you too. It's an honour to have had you here. Do keep visiting, as shall I.

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts.
Please do tell me yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails