Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pyre In The Sky





The fire inside swirls overhead.
Engulfing the room I sit in.
I stay still on my bed.
Watching the mirthless orange mix
With the swaying tornado of the dust on top.
Moving in tune with the songs in my ears.
In step with the tune my mind plays for me.
Blank and yet melodiously sonorous.

Enormous like a black hole.
The smallest entity that devours all.
Swirling like a tornado over my head.
Inside my eyes.
My eyes are now red with the burn.
The searing heat that I can feel on my veins.
As they are flash red on both sides.

The thunderous roars of the water burning to steam.
Around and inside me.
To give way to death.
The sounds of the last moments I will ever hear.
Lying with the last of my mirthless laughter in my face.
My funeral was long-awaited.

The ashes drift away through the open window.
As the room remains unchanged, untarnished.
The fire caused no burns.
It caused no fractures to any soul living.
Only the dead was pained.
Only the dead was lifted off.
My funeral was long-awaited.

19 comments:

Miss D said...

The pyre raged,
In a dry desert devoid of futile thirst,
The fire swallowed the remnant drops of hope,
Hell lay quiet in peaceful surrender,
And the dead awoke from the grave.

I see that you seem to be certain that it is your funeral that is going on.
Clad in black/white, people seem to have forgotten the bride in red.

Ausdrucklos said...

The funeral would be unending.
mark my words, fellow drifter,
for time has ceased to be
flushing the anguish,
and every thought of knowing pain.

this is the penance of a grandeur manner.
This is the divine plan.

Preeti Prada said...

I Loved the flow...:)

D2 said...

@Enchanta : Either black reigns, or white does. There is little or no space for what may be in between.
No the bride in red was not forgotten. It is just that she was ill-fated as well and decided to be forsaken.

D2 said...

@Ausdrucklos:

And I would succumb to the end.
Whenever it comes.
Long before it does.
Giving in is a matter of the mind.

D2 said...

@The perfect one : Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

But the ash,too, is a part of the colors of the wind :-)

D2 said...

@Antara : Yes. They paint the sky grey. :)

Anonymous said...

Mixing of black and white.
By the way...i wished you yesterday on twitter but i think you missed it.

Anonymous said...

Ok ignore my above comment... :-P not my fault...I got like two notifications on my gmail that said it's your birthday.

D2 said...

@Antara : I had missed it. I just saw your comment here and wanted to know what you wished me for in the first place! :P
That's quite alright. Some intelligent system made a mistake! :P
haha

The Orange Tree said...

dynamic words, love the imagery.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

amazing word flow.

welcome and have fun today.

D2 said...

@The Orange Tree : Thank you.

@Morning : Thank you, and you too.

Purba said...

And I almost missed this one. Like a symphony your creation touches the troughs and crests.

Simply beautiful.

Ann LeFlore said...

such an amazing piece so well penned welcome to poetry picnic glad you could join in this week
http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/10/18/mirror-of-truth/

SANDEEP PANWAR said...

शुभ दीपावली,

D2 said...

@Purba Di : Thank you. That was a lovely thing to say. :)

D2 said...

@Ann : Thank you.

@Sandeep : Happy Diwali.

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts.
Please do tell me yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails